Last Updated : 08 February 2023.
Water resources in Indonesia account for about 6% of the world’s water resources or about 21% of total water resources in the Asia-Pacific region. Total water availability is estimated at 690 billion m3/year whereas total demand is 175 billion m3/year. However, the available water is unevenly distributed spatially and temporally.
State of water environment
Basic Environmental Law
- Law concerning Environmental Protection and Management (Law No.32/2009) (Outside source: FAO)
Government Regulation concerning the management of Water Quality and Control of Water Pollution
- Law on Water Resources (Law No.17/2019) (Outside source: FAO, in Bahasa Indonesian)
- Government Regulation concerning the management of Water Quality and Control of Water Pollution (Government Regulation No.82/2001) (Outside source: FAO)
- Regulation of the State Minister of Living Environment No.1/2010 on water pollution control system (Outside source: FAO)
- Decree of the State Minister of the Environment concerning Standard Quality of Seawater (Decree of the State Minister of the Environment No.51/2004)